Monday, June 6, 2016

william's blessing day


Sweet baby William was blessed by Robert yesterday. I love blessing days so much for some reason. I think it's because it's a tribute to this new little soul in the world and so many people we love and who love William all come together to celebrate him and his life ahead. They are always such crazy days and I feel like I don't really let out a breath until the party is over, but I can't help but love them.

Robert and I spent pretty much all of Saturday cleaning the yard, tidying the house, grocery shopping, and baking. Somehow we went to bed at a fairly decent hour and were at church 20 minutes early so we could get a decent seat. That, my friends, is a miracle in and of itself. Robert gave William such a wonderful blessing. There is something really special about a dad and his child to me. Robert is such a good dad and has a special connection with all three of our kids. You better believe the waterworks started for me the minute the blessing began. It was also so amazing to see so many men that I love surrounding and bouncing my babe as Robert spoke. William is lucky to have so many good examples to look to in his life. I am grateful for all of them.

The brunch at our house was so much fun. Again, a little bit of a whirlwind, but so much fun. The minute we pulled up to the house Robert and I hopped out and got to work since our tree has some sort of bug in it that's dropping larvae and leaves everywhere. It is so gross and we wanted to make sure all of the chairs and table were clean. My family had also left a bit early from church so they could get things set up for me (bless them!) so I wanted to make sure they were doing alright and felt like they had everything they needed. A few minutes after arriving I saw Robert and asked him where William was. Robert said, "Oh shoot!" and ran outside. I thought he was joking but nope, we'd left the man of the hour in the car. Doy! Good thing he was in the shade and only just starting to whimper.  Poor babe! I swear, we really are decent parents. William was an angel all day. He just slept and ate and then hung out with hardly a peep. I feel like the older he is getting the better he is getting, or at least maybe I'm able to read his cues a little better.

I can't even express how much I love my family, Robert's family and all of our friends who are like family. So many people offered to pitch in and my mom, dad, Julia, Megan and Gretchen were in the kitchen much of the time making sure the food table was well stocked. It's so nice to know that so many people are on our team, love our babies and want to be with us to celebrate their milestones. I ended yesterday just feeling so grateful for my life and the people I get to spend it with.

I am so grateful for William and the dynamic he's brought into our family. I've said it once and I'll say it again, but it definitely took some time for me to adjust to life with a newborn again. However, I am feeling so much more settled these days and although it's still busy, I feel like I'm really beginning to love this stage of life. I'm feeling so much better and William just becomes sweeter as he gets older. I am so excited to see what he's like in a year or two and to see his personality develop. If he's anything like the girls, we've got some major personality and sass to look forward to! Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment